Introduction to Java Programming Camp
- Description: This camp is designed for 7th - 10th grade students to learn the basics of Java programming with the overview of Java language, variables and calculations, program flow, arrays, Array Lists, object-oriented programming, graphical user interface, and simple game development.
1. Java Overview
2. Variables and Operations
4. Conditional Statements
Week 1 Labs
5. Java Input
6. Java Strings
7. While Loops
8. Objected Oriented Programming
Week 2 Labs
9. Nested Loops
Week 3 Labs
13. GUI: Text and Shape in a Window
14. Animation: Moving Car
15. Game Design: Space Invader
16. Game Design: Space Invader
Week 4 Labs
No prior programming experience is required. Students will need to bring their laptop computers to class.
- Instructor: Dr. Jack Li
software applications development for more than 10 years. Under his leadership, his team developed various software products
that has been used by millions of users. At the same time, he has been teaching kids to learn coding, and get them interested
in computer science and Math.
- Maximum Number of students: 8
- Date and Time: This 4-week half day camp is offered on Mon - Fri from 6:30pm - 9:30pm, July 23 - Aug 17
- Camp Fees, Discounts and Refund Policies
• $950 per student
• A discount of $20 will be applied to all the students from the same family
Early Bird Discount:
• A 10% discount will be applied if paid by 4/20/2018.
• A 5% discount will be applied if paid by 5/10/2018.
Full refund: if you withdraw your student one week before the workshop.
Half refund: if you withdraw your student within a week before the camp.
No refund: Once camp is started.