Personalized English Reading and Writing Lessons
- DESCRIPTION: This course is designed for students from K-12th grades to build reading and writing skills. Our lessons are personalized to suit each student's unique needs. Our trained instructors work with students to turn their weaknesses into strengths. By fostering mentor relationships, not only do teachers help students learn, but they also make education enjoyable. Perhaps more importantly, nothing can compare to the lifelong benefits children gain from reading books and enriching articles, thinking critically, and learning to write effectively. This is the SpiderSmart Way, proven successful since 1989.
- Three step learning process: SpiderSmart has developed and refined it's reading and writing lesson over almost three decades to promote real improvement and long-term retention. This is how it works:
Step One: Read
Whether your child likes fantasy books, grand adventures, historical fiction, biographies, or current events articles, SpiderSmart has plenty of choices. There are more than 3,000 titles to choose from, divided by grade level. Students may pick the books they are most interested in reading, or teachers may guide the selections.
Step Two: Write
Every book or current events article has a corresponding, easy-to-use writing assignment with three sections: vocabulary building, reading comprehension questions, and an essay based on the book's themes. Your child will develop a command of planning, organization, and critical thinking skills by learning to repeatedly compose compelling essays.
Step Three: Revise
A teacher will check your child's work and give comments. Rules of grammar, usage, style, and the quality of the content will be explained according to your child's needs. Based on what the teacher identifies as problem areas, your child will learn by correcting his or her own mistakes. The teacher will then review the revision to ensure that the writing shows improvement.
- Date and Time:
- Suggested frequency:
suggest one lesson per week for elementary and middle school students. For high school students, we suggest them to join
our Literature Analysis and Timed Essay Workshop on Thursdays and Fridays.
- Tuition and fee
• $40/lesson if you pay 8 or more lessons for the summer, materials fee included
• $45/lesson otherwise, materials fee included
- Refund and make-up policy:
- No refund will be issued within one week of a lesson, but a make-up lesson can be arranged if you
inform us 48 hours ahead of time that your child cannot come to a lesson (unless your child is sick,
in which case we'll try to arrange a make-up lesson for your child).
- We can't arrange a make-up lesson if you inform us within 48 hours that your child can't come to
a lesson (unless your child is sick, in which case we'll try to arrange a make-up lesson for your child).