2017 - 2018 School Year
9th Grade Vocabulary and Writing Workshop
- Description: Wordly Wise 3000 9th Grade curriculum will be used for this workshop. Wordly Wise 3000 is used by many private schools for it's effective methods and rich activities. 20 lessons are covered in the 9th grade curriculum. In each lesson, 15 words are explained and a variety of intensive exercises are followed. During our workshops, students will learn the meanings of the words together, asking questions anytime when they have a need, and do the intensive exercises together under the guidance of the instructor. Once all the contents for one lesson is finished, students will write an essay with a prompt using the words they just learned and present their essay in front of the class at the end of each workshop. Quality presentations are encouraged.
- Class Size: This workshop will open with 4 students, and has an upper limit of 6 students.
- Date and Time: This workshop is composed of 20 1.5-hour lessons, offered 1:30pm - 3pm on Saturdays between 9/2/2017 - 3/3/2018, no lessons on 9/23/17, 10/21/17, 11/25/17, 2/17/18. So there will be 12 lessons in the fall semester, and 8 lessons in the spring semester.
- Fees and refund policies
• $25 non refundable materials fee - each student will get a WW3000 student book, and a lot
of printed materials are used.
• A sibling discount of $20 will be applied to all students from the same family.
Full refund: if you withdraw your student one week before the workshop.
Half refund: if you withdraw your student within a week before the camp.
No refund: Once camp is started.