2017 Fall Semester
8th Grade Vocabulary and Writing Workshop
- Description: Wordly Wise 3000 8th Grade curriculum will be used for this workshop. 20 lessons are covered in the curriculum. In each lesson, 15 words are explained and a variety of intensive exercises are followed. During our workshops, students will learn the meanings of the words together, asking questions anytime when they have a need, and do the intensive exercises together under the guidance of the instructor. Once all the contents for one lesson is finished, students will write an essay with a prompt using the words they just learned and present their essay in front of the class at the end of each workshop. Quality presentations are encouraged.
- Class Size: This workshop will open with 4 students, and has an upper limit of 6 students.
- Date and Time: This workshop is composed of 20 1.5-hour lessons, offered 1pm - 2:30pm on Saturdays between 9/2/2017 - 3/3/2018, no lessons on 9/23/17, 10/21/17, 11/25/17, 2/17/18. So there will be 12 lessons in the fall semester, and 8 lessons in the spring semester.
- Fees and refund policies
• $25 non refundable materials fee - each student will get a WW3000 student book, and a lot
of printed materials are used.
• A sibling discount of $20 will be applied to all students from the same family.
Full refund: if you withdraw your student one week before the workshop.
Half refund: if you withdraw your student within a week before the camp.
No refund: Once camp is started.