2017 Summer Robotics Camp
- Description: This camp is designed for 5th - 7th graders. Students will learn how to build and program robots with LEGO® bricks and Lego Robotics Design System. During the process, they will develop problem-solving and critical thinking skills, learn to collaborate in a teamwork, and have a chance to bring their imagination to life.
• Introduce LEGO Robotics Design and Structure Subsystem
• Build LEGO Robot with first sensor
• Program to test Sensor and Control Subsystem
• Trial logic and programming subsystem
• Integrate multi sensors
Note: LEGO Robot kits and Computers will be provided to campers during the camp.
- About The Instructor: Dr. Hua-Jun Fan, alumnus of University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), is currently a Chemistry Professor at Prairie View A&M University. He has 15-years of teaching experience, won four times "The Outstanding Teaching Award", and his mentees won numerous awards. Dr. Fan served as a Judge for LEGO AgriBots Robotics Competition for students from elementary to high school age over the past few years.
Note: Camp counselors are college students from PVAMU
- Date and Time: This camp is offered from 9am - 12pm during Week July 10 - July 14.
- Camp Fees, Discounts and Refund Policies
• $200 per child per week if paid after May 10th
• A discount of $10 will be applied to the second child from the same family.
Refund policy: There is a non refundable $25 fee for application processing.
Full refund: if you withdraw your student one week before the camp.
Half refund: if you withdraw your student within a week before the camp.
No refund: Once camp is started.