2017 Summer Poems and Rhymes Camp
- Description: This camp will help 5th-8th graders create, understand, and appreciate poetry. Students will learn how to listen for and recognize rhythms and patterns in English. We will discuss different poetic forms and how poetry creates a lot of meaning in a little space. Students will learn to express themselves creatively and effectively and will work together through feedback and listening. Exercises and discussions will help students use the power of language.
- About The Instructor: Thad Bowerman has a M.A. in history and has worked as an administrator at the Texas A&M University Writing Center for seven years. He works with students, at all skill levels, to improve the clarity and effectiveness of their writing.
- Date and Time: This camp is offered from 9am - 12pm during Week August 7 - August 11.
- Camp Fees, Discounts and Refund Policies
• $200 per child per week if paid after May 10th
• A discount of $10 will be applied to the second child from the same family.
Refund policy: There is a non refundable $25 fee for application processing.
Full refund: if you withdraw your student one week before the camp.
Half refund: if you withdraw your student within a week before the camp.
No refund: Once camp is started.