2017 Fall Semester
Introduction to Java Programming Workshop
- Description: This workshop is designed for 7th - 9th grade students to learn the basics of Java programming with the overview of Java language, variables and calculations, program flow, arrays, ArrayLists, object-oriented programming, graphical user interface, and simple game development.
1. Java Overview
2. Variables and Operations
4. Conditional Statements
Week 1 Labs
5. Java Input
6. Java Strings
7. While Loops
8. Objected Oriented Programming
Week 2 Labs
9. Nested Loops
Week 3 Labs
13. GUI: Text and Shape in a Window
14. Animation: Moving Car
15. Game Design: Space Invader
16. Game Design: Space Invader
Week 4 Labs
No prior programming experience is required. Students will need to bring their laptop computers to class.
- Date and Time: This workshop is offered on Sundays from 1pm - 4pm, August 27 - Dec 17. No workshop on 11/26 for Thanksgiving Holiday.
- Camp Fees, Discounts and Refund Policies
• A discount of $40 will be applied to the second child from the same family.
Full refund: if you withdraw your student one week before the workshop.
Half refund: if you withdraw your student within a week before the camp.
No refund: Once camp is started.