2017 Summer Perfecting Grammar, Style and Flow Camp
- Description: Research shows that students learn the mechanics of grammar and style best through actual essay writing instead of simple stand-alone grammar exercises and worksheets. In this class, 5th-10th grade students will immediately start writing and, then, learn how to revise their writing to make it clear and grammatically correct. We will start with the fundamentals and proceed to more advanced topics like combining and splitting sentences, recognizing dependent/independent clauses, and choosing the best verbs. We will work both individually and in teams. Students will come away from the camp with a stronger understanding of grammar, style and flow.
- About The Instructor: Thad Bowerman has a M.A. in history and has worked as an administrator at the Texas A&M University Writing Center for seven years. He works with students, at all skill levels, to improve the clarity and effectiveness of their writing.
- Date and Time: This camp is offered from 9am - 12pm during Week July 3 - July 7.
- Camp Fees, Discounts and Refund Policies
• A discount of $10 will be applied to the second child from the same family.
Refund policy: There is a non refundable $25 fee for application processing.
Full refund: if you withdraw your student one week before the camp.
Half refund: if you withdraw your student within a week before the camp.
No refund: Once camp is started.