2018 Summer Elementary English and Math Camps
- Description: The weekly half day camps are designed for elementary students to have fun with English and Math during summer. Each day, the camp will be divided into two sessions: Math and English. In Math sessions, we'll do fun math problems including number sense topics, Math Kangaroo problems, money related problems, calendar/time/age related problems, measurement related problems, etc. Logical reasoning is the main theme. In English sessions, we'll have public speaking, vocabulary games, etymology topics, basic grammar, literacy quiz bowl, creative writing, persuasive writing, etc. No two camps are the same. Activities are arranged with both new students and returning students in mind and all students will have a lot to learn in the fun environment.
- Date, Time, and Subjects/Activities for each week:
- Main Instructor for English Section: Laurra Sperry Miss Laurra Sperry has been teaching English for 5 years. After graduating from the College of William and Mary in Virginia, she moved to Vilnius, Lithuania to become an English teaching trainer. There, she worked as the Head Teacher and American liaison for the International English Program run by a U.S. non-governmental organization. Directly after her time in Lithuania, she moved to Phitsanulok, Thailand to help teach and train new English teachers at the Imperial International Bilingual School of Thailand. Miss Sperry moved to Texas last May to pursue her graduate degree at the University of Texas, in Health Literacy, a discipline combining the English language and public health awareness. Miss Sperry is our beloved English teacher! Every child in our learning center loves her!
- Main Instructor for Math Section: Joseph Gibson Mr. Gibson was a 4th year PhD student from A&M University Math Department who recently decided to pursue his teaching passion. He is currently tutoring at Blinn College while waiting for his teaching certificate. Mr. Gibson has an abundance of teaching and tutoring experience and specializes in algebra and number theory.
- Maximum Number of students: 12
- Fees, discounts and refund policies
• $200 per student per week
• A sibling discount of $10 will be applied to all students from the same family
• A multi-week discount of $10 will be applied to each week if same student attending 2 or more weeks
Full refund: if you withdraw your student one week before the workshop.
Half refund: if you withdraw your student within a week before the camp.
No refund: Once camp is started.