Personalized AoPS Math Lessons
- Description: These personalized lessons are designed for students who have passed Singapore Math 6B and Challenging Word Problems Book 6, and would like to systematically learn some more advanced math. Personalized instructions will be given during lessons, and homework is assigned and checked to encourage self learning. The following introduction series books from the Art of Problem Solving will be used as text books for these lessons:
Introduction to Geometry
Introduction to Number Theory
Introduction to Counting and Probability
Note: We usually suggest that students start from Introduction to Algebra as the first book to learn in this series. This is partly
because Algebra is a prerequisite for Geometry and Counting and Probability. More importantly, algebra is very useful if
a student is interested in any STEM related major. Counting and Probability is also essential to many majors, including
computer programming, engineering, economics, finance, social science, etc.
- Date and Time:
Tuesdays: 3:30pm - 6:30pm
Fridays: 3:30pm - 6:30pm
Saturdays: 1pm - 4pm
- Tuition and fee
• $680/semester if you pay for the whole semester, 17 lessons in total
• $45/lesson otherwise
Note: Students need to buy their own books for AoPS lessons
- Refund and make-up policy:
will become $40/lesson if you have paid for the whole semester and request for a refund.
- No refund will be issued within one week of a lesson, but a make-up lesson can be arranged if you inform us 48 hours ahead
of time that your child cannot come to a lesson (unless your child is sick, in which case we'll try to arrange a make-up lesson
for your child).
- We can't issue a refund or arrange a make-up lesson if you inform us within 48 hours that your child can't come to a lesson
(unless your child is sick, in which case we'll try to arrange a make-up lesson for your child).